Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mamallapuram International Sculpture Symposium 2011

.
Now.... long time.

Thought I'd be able to write something before the Pallava International Sculpture Symposium could begin. There have been such critical turnarounds before me and Aamrapali landed in Mamallapuram yesterday night. Twice in the last three days, I came close to canceling my participation to this event.


Nevertheless, now that we are here, I would like to thank fellow-sculptors Urs Floryamo (Italy), Mark Stone (UK), Damien and Stephen (Switzerland).... and of course, DV Murugan (India) who let us conduct the symposium at his studio when all other options failed at the eleventh hour. Without these people around, I might have been in Mumbai by this time.


It's not even the first day of the Symposium yet, and I have my finger bruised already...

Stories of the event are aplenty... that it would help me to keep a daily journal of the activities. You may keep track of the symposium at this link :


.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails