Thursday, December 4, 2008

Peace Everywhere..... (??)

While the city was held under siege, I headed for Jaipur to gather raw material for some sculpture work planned for the fall session of college. Constant news reports of the on-goings of terror weren't comforting at all. I was mechanically going about my schedule as it was planned weeks ahead in advance. There was no scope to keep it on hold and stay back with near and dear ones..... neither could I have stayed back to save my own life. The struggle of big cities gives you that kind of a thick skin.


Now, after the episode is over, and as citizen's demonstrations voice up, we still hear of a bomb or two planted at a walkable distance away from my college, Sir J.J. School of Art, near C.S.T, Mumbai. Every day, I take a train from the same station , C.S.T. to my bachelor pad at Chinchpokli. How thin a margin am I away from my life .....closer to death? How slimly do I escape the risk of never meeting my dear ones again? Every hour of every day?


How many faces that smile with me today at my slightest victory would I see tomorrow when I call them up? Will there be the same voice at the other end of the call to say, "Hello"? What tells me so surely that my world of happiness will not change? What says...... that it wont be me?


(The painting featured above is a Hemant Sonawane creation, SOLD WORK, was previously available at : Art Romanza, Nirmal Lifestyles, L.B.S. Road, Mulund (West), Mumbai, INDIA.)

1 comment:

Michael Wong 38 said...

Hi there, a while ago we had talked about exchanging blogroll links.

I was supposed to get back to you after I linked to your blog so you could link back.

I linked to your blog already. When you have some time, please link back ok?

cheers, michael wong at:

http://bigmoneylist.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails