Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mama

Have a deep look into the eyes of this aged gentleman we fondly call 'Mama' (maternal uncle in Indian language). He'd be found on our college campus, toiling away the autumn of his life in search of a livelihood, and perhaps in search of a meaning to the decades he has seen pass by him in idle glory.

Mama makes for an ideal candidate for figurative sculpture with his ready wrinkles and fine lines of worry lending themselves easily to create a fine piece of art. One thought that occurs while crafting these deep eyes, is that the struggle concealed behind these is something I should seek to erase. Not from my sculpture, but from my own face when I lend myself thus, half a century forward from today.......

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is good good good......

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails