Friday, October 24, 2008

My Debut Exhibition

I began painting the Aum Series of paintings during early 2006. We had booked the most popular Nehru Center Gallery at Worli, Mumbai for my Debut Exhibition, conducted jointly with fellow artists, Nilesh Vede and Manoj Maurya.

May 2nd - 8th, 2006 : Six nervous days.... a critical litmus test of my foray into the world of Fine Art. The exhibition was inaugurated by renowned cinematographer, Ashok Mehta. In spite of having established myself successfully into the Applied Art stream, these seasoned hands that hold the brush by default... perspired for the first time during handshakes with the who's who of Art world.

A few of my friends outside the art circle who I'd invited, showed up too. But there was little they could understand from the expressionist paintings, except probably just admire the works fondly, only because I had created them. The true test of viability came from respected Artists themselves, Art Critics and Enthusiasts who frequent the prestigious Nehru Center Gallery.

It is a previlege for an artist when his work gets purchased by another hailed artist for display at his private den. My Debut Exhibition was a miraculous success. The artwork got sold like hot-cakes during the 6 days of exhibition..... and instilled a sense of faith in me....that Fine Art is indeed Pure Art. If it has flown out of the depths of your essence, it is bound to Touch not only the canvas, but someone else's soul too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails